Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Missed Anniversary

Well, I was looking back on this log and discovered that I had missed the one year anniversary of the start of production, which would have been December 4th. I wish I could report more progress in that time, but I can't say that I've been working non-stop for the entire period either.

The timeline on the movie now stands at 9min 11sec of completed footage, and I'm still expecting it to clock in around 20-25 min in length when completed. I'm still working on the first chase sequence in the film, the one that introduces us to the Wolfman. There was a moment that called for a splash of water, and I am still not comfortable around post production particle effects (and I have no idea how to pull them off within Poser). Instead, I opted to use a bunch of minature 3D balls, made translucent and shiny, to replicate the effect. It's not great, but it works.

In 3-D movie news, there's a remake of Night of the Living Dead in 3-D on the horizon. You can visit the website here at
nightofthelivingdead3d.com, where they've posted a 3-D photo gallery you can view with your red/blue 3-D glasses. As the project was filmed using a system developed by Dimension 3, the red lens of the glasses has to be over the right eye in order for the effect to work.